Saint Isidore of Seville (560-636AD) was a scholar and a saint. Montalembert said he was the “Last Scholar of the Ancient World”. People said he knew everything. He literally wrote the encyclopedia. In his time he mandated cathedral schools in every diocese. Considered to be the saint of education and knowledge, in 1997 Pope John Paul II declared him the patron saint of the internet.
I have a towering pile of books on my bedside table. I usually only have my current book, but well, sometimes I get a little overwhelmed… Here is the current stack:
The book that I am currently reading to my kiddos at night:
- On the Banks of Plum Creek – Laura Ingalls Wilder (My boys LOVE this series!)
Books that might add content to my blog or book:
- Outer Order Inner Calm – Declutter and organize to make more room for happiness – Gretchen Rubin
- How Not to be a Messie – The Ultimate Guide for the Neatness-Challenged by Sandra Felton – I was given a recommendation for this oldie but goodie.
- The Imperfect Environmentalist – A practical guide to clearing your body, detoxing your home, and saving the earth (without losing your mind) – Sara Gilbert (I still think of her as the little girl from Roseanne)
- Zero Waste Home – The ultimate guide to simplifying your life by reducing your waste – Bea Johnson
- Pure Food – Eat clean with seasonal, plant-based recipes – Veronica Bosgraaf
Books that I need to screen for appropriateness because my teen wants to read:
- Along Came a Spider – James Patterson
- Mr Mercedes – Stephen King
My personal fun reads:
- Murder, Lies, and Cover-Ups – Who killed Marilyn Monroe, JFK, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, and Princess Diana? – David Gardner
- A Keeper – The truth has deep roots – Graham Norton – (I love Graham Norton from his self titled show – but this book shows another side of him) * Clip is NOT G rated *
Books that my library gave me or that I won! (My library is the BEST!)
- In the House In the Dark of the Woods – Laird Hunt
- The Last Letter – Rebecca Yarros
- Bear Town – Fredrik Backman (My book club book for last month)
And of course, my current comic books:
- Mera – Queen of Atlantis
- Aquaman – War for the Throne
- Deadpool – Dead Presidents
- Deadpool – Soul Hunter
Today, on St. Izzy’s feast day, and the 26th day of lent, go through your books and donate 26 of them. I had 17 books, just on my bedside table. I am sure you have at least 26 books that you have already read and don’t have the time or the care to read again, or never will read that you can donate so that someone else will be able to enjoy these books. If you don’t have a current book to read, join me in reading any of the above books, or go to your local library (NOT Amazon) and get something that looks interesting! Saint Isidore will be so proud!
The AMAZINGLY SIMPLE way to an easier to read bookshelf.